A comprehensive housing continuum builds the foundation for economic mobility. Gorman & Company’s Workforce Housing Platform serves those in the middle income bands, typically between 80% Area Median Income (AMI) and 120% AMI. In high-cost communities, this middle-income range provides housing for workers who aren’t yet ready to purchase a home, or find the for-sale market out of reach. Housing should be attainable to all in need.
We have worked hand-in-hand with many communities in their economic development efforts. Communities throughout the country have recognized that their economies depend on having a qualified workforce located near employment. Gorman works with communities to locate affordable, workforce housing in strategic locations near key employers. We also work directly with significant employers to develop housing that will offer their employees unique housing choices in a targeted area. These employers then use the availability of this high-quality, rental housing as a recruitment tool.
Lion’s Ridge in Vail, CO
Lion’s Ridge Apartment Homes
Total Development Cost: $27,380,923
Lion’s Ridge Apartment Homes consists of 114 units of market-rate workforce housing. The development is deed-restricted as housing for people who work in the Town of Vail and Eagle County, Colorado. This newly-constructed development replaces a dilapidated affordable-rental property, owned by the Town of Vail. The project was made possible by critical support from the Town of Vail, who donated the land to the project after paying off the existing debt and leaving the land free and clear of any liens. Click for Rental Options.
Alta Verde Workforce in Breckenridge, CO
Alta Verde Workforce
Total Development Cost: $$75,068,222
Alta Verde Workforce is the second phase of the Alta Verde Neighborhood located in the McCain subdivision of Breckenridge and is focused on housing the nearby workforce. Phase II is adding 172 residential units to the community, and includes a variety of amenities such as onsite property management, outdoor open space, a dog park, picnic areas, a fitness room, and a community room. The design includes all-electric construction, reduced thermal loads through insulation and window designs, in-unit energy recovery ventilation, high-efficiency heat pumps, low-flow water fixtures, low-power density LED lighting, Energy Star appliances and solar photovoltaic panels.
Please click on the specific state to learn more.
- Arkansas - Locations in Avondale, Glendale, Mesa, Nogales, Phoenix, Tempe, and Tucson.
- Arizona - Locations in Little Rock.
- Colorado - Locations in Denver, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Vail.
- Florida - Locations coming soon!
- Georgia - Locations in Atlanta.
- Illinois - Locations in Belvidere, Moline, and Rockford.
- Indiana - Location in Gary.
- Mississippi - Location in Gulfport.
- New Mexico -
- Ohio -
- Oregon - Locations coming soon!
- Wisconsin - The birthplace of Gorman & Company, this market serves as a home base to all of our markets across the country. Locations in Baraboo, Beloit, Jefferson, La Crosse, Madison, Milwaukee, Mt. Horeb, Oregon, Pulaski, Sheboygan, Sun Prairie, and Wausau.